Archive for May, 2009
Thursday, May 7th, 2009
Does your baker’s scaffold, or adjustable work platform have an operator’s manual or instructional manual that has this label real big on the front cover?
The X-Deck does not have any of these labels!
One of the biggest problems with different kinds of telescoping scaffolding or other adjustable work platforms is the inherint danger in the product. Below I will list the traditional problems with this type of scaffolding in black and in blue will be the reasons that the X-Deck is better:
- Traditional and other type of telescoping scaffolding requires complicated assembly that if not done properly may result in serious injury or death. Do you trust ALL your workers to ALWAYS properly assemble the scaffolding?
- The X-Deck on the other hand is always assembled and thus eliminates the inherint danger.
- On other scaffolding you have to make sure after you properly assemble the scaffold that you use the outriggers, because if you forget to slide them into place and use the scaffold it is likely to tip over. Also, because you are assembling this type of scaffold you might lose the outriggers all together.
- The X-Deck on the other hand works great up to a 10 degree pitch (Which is almost all workplace or outside terrain.) at which point we have leg extenders that will allow you to use the X-Deck at these steeper angles.
- Another problem with these telescoping work platforms is that the are always on casters. This causes the worker some additional worries, because if they forgot to lock the wheels in place the scaffold could roll off with them in it OR when they are working and they need to push on something they will roll backwards!
- The X-Deck does not have these problems, because of our innovative wheel kits a worker cannot even walk up the X-Deck without automatically locking the wheels and becoming stationary on the grippy rubber feet.
- Another problem with these adjustable work platforms is that you still have to climp up the outside. This makes carrying tools difficult and also a serious fall danger if their foot slips or they lose their grip. This is why scaffolding is so dangerous!!
- The X-Deck eliminates these problems with the fact that you can walk up the rungs often hands free, because the steps are so wide and comfortable. The X-Deck also gives you many options for places to hold while walking up. This is the biggest difference… On other scaffolding you have to CLIMB UP, but on the X-Deck you only need to WALK UP!!
Remember, everyone makes mistakes. When you add the human element you add the chance for error. Even the best worker can forget a bolt or an outrigger when they are setting up other types of scaffolding. With the X-Deck though you can eliminate all these worries.
The X-Deck is virtually idiot proof.